Diplo US, founded in 2018, is a non-profit organization working to increase the capacity of individuals and institutions to follow and engage in digital policy and diplomacy. It aims to improve global governance and international policy development.
Diplo US supports a wide range of stakeholders to build their capacity in order to engage effectively in US and international policy processes, negotiations, and diplomacy.
Diplo US seeks to:
- Strengthen stakeholders, especially from small and developing states to allow them to effect their own futures and development;
- Increase accountability and inclusivity in the sphere of digital policy, whether in the US or globally;
- Enhance the legitimacy of international policy making;
- Advance global governance and international policy development.
In particular, the niche of Diplo US is exploring the impact of digitalization and emerging technologies on core diplomatic functions such as:
- Digital policy issues on the US and international diplomatic agenda (from cybersecurity and digital commerce to big data and blockchain technologies);
- Trends and tools in diplomatic training, from visual elements such as infographics and illustrations, to massive open online courses (MOOCs), webinars, and blended learning;
- Artificial intelligence (AI), automation, robotics, and their potential impact on the core social and ethical pillars of humanity;
- Trends and practical insights into the use of technologies in our daily lives.
To accomplish these goals, Diplo US
- Provides capacity development programs in areas of digital policy and multilateral diplomacy;
- Trains officials from small and developing countries; and
- Provides specialized academic programs for professional diplomats in both traditional and contemporary diplomacy topics;
- Develops and uses tools for e-participation in global governance, including remote participation in international meetings and social media for global negotiations; and
- Undertakes and publishes policy research activities on issues related to digital policy and diplomacy to support and enhance the organization’s impact.
Annual report and Financials
Diplo US’s mission is to provide educational programs online and in person, as well as conducting research related to internet policy and diplomacy. The main mission is to empower all actors involved in the digital policy discourse on international level to be able to actively engage and represent their viewpoints in the digital policy fora. Financial and other information about our charity’s purpose, programs and activities can be obtained by contacting Pavlina Ittelson, Executive Director, 1100 15th Street NW, Floor 4, Washington, DC 20005-1707, 202-834-4946. If you are a resident of any of the following states, please review the relevant disclosure statement.
ILLINOIS: Contracts and reports regarding Diplo US are on file with the Illinois Attorney General.
NEW YORK: Upon request, a copy of the latest financial report filed with the Attorney General as well as a full description of the programs and activities supported by contributions can be obtained by contacting Diplo US at 1100 15th Street NW, Floor 4, Washington, DC 20005-1707. Financial reports can also be obtained from the charities registry on the Attorney General’s website or by writing the Charities Bureau at 28 Liberty Street, New York, NY 10005. For more information about charities, visit the Charities Bureau online at www.charitiesnys.com or call 212-416-8401.
WASHINGTON: The notice of solicitation required by the State Office of Consumer Affairs is on file with the Washington Secretary of State, and information relating to financial affairs of Diplo US is available from the Secretary of State, and the toll-free number for Washington residents: 800-332-4483.
CONTRIBUTIONS ARE DEDUCTIBLE FOR FEDERAL INCOME TAX PURPOSES IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW. REGISTRATION IN A STATE DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION OF DIPLO US BY THE STATE.