The new data era is just starting. Our approach towards handling data today will set the direction of our digital future. To inspire organisations to create value and positively contribute to shaping the future of society, we look into the data economy – what it means for countries, companies, and citizens. In the spirit of the human-centric approach, protecting privacy and data management practices should not impede innovation and economic growth.
The following questions will be explored:
- Rethinking the data supply chain: how to provide a trusted, fair, and innovative data economy;
- How to approach a perceived trade-off between the data potential and the protection of individual rights?
- Engaging citizens: How can we move from users to becoming active digital citizens?
- What roles for governments, civil society and the private sector?
Upcoming events in the series:
- Digitalisation powering environmental protection – 14 october, 16 – 17.00 CET
- Harnessing AI’s Power for Health – 3 November, 16 – 17.00 CET
- Technology for Development – date TBC